Looking for a 1/35 US pilot figure wearing leather jacket

need for a diorama of a downed pilot hiding on a farm. Anyone know of anything in resin or styrene? He's gonna be hiding in a hay stack so only his torso will show.

Thx - craig

Reply to
Musicman59

What era are you looking for?

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
Sir Ridesalot

Marx did several figures in (about) that scale for their Air Force Base playset back when I was a kid. They're mounded in a metallic sky blue and have outstanding detail. There was a pilot in a leather jacker with a hard flight helmet squatting as though at a flightline briefing, one in a leather jacket with a Class A cover, standing and reading a letter. Three others that I remember were a pilot running, wearing a flightsuit and hard helmet, one walking that looked like a partagraphed version of the Aurora Steve Canyon and one in the early Air Force High Altitude suit and full face mask. I have seen these many times on ePay, usually cheap, especially if you find them being sold individually. That's the good news. The bad news is they are the soft plastic (think Airfix 1?72 figures) and might be hard to paint. One technique I have used with some success is to spray the figure down with Model Master Clear Flat Lacquer first and then paint the figure. When you're done, hit it again with the lacquer to seal the paint. I've had some of these figures last for over ten years with no peeling of the paint. Hope this helps.

- John Braungart

Reply to
The Old Man

oops - WWII

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

I found that ePay has an auction of the figures that I was talking about. Go to auction #250657789100 to see them. They even have a few that I'd forgotten about.

Reply to
The Old Man

Hi there.

If it is a WW2 US pilot figure you want, I can send you a MASTER BOX styrene figure of Dick Bong. This figure is unassembled. If interested then email me your snail-mail addy and I'll post it to you asap.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
Sir Ridesalot

For those soft plastic figures you can get a flexible auto body part primer in a spray can at an auto paint supplier, maybe an auto parts supplier, or maybe even WalMart. I have a can from WM & I think it was called Bulldog. It's clear & dries in a few minutes. I've used it on all sorts of soft plastic toys & have even used masking tape & the base paint didn't peel off.

Reply to
frank

Have a look at Fine Molds Models - UK Model Shop at

Phil Ericson

Have a look at

Phil Ericson