tank wheel masks

anyone have a good home brew method for painting those black rubber circles?

Reply to
someone

I just use a good #2 brush. Sometimes it's easier to paint the whole bogie wheel the rubber color and then paint the steel part the camo color.

Reply to
willshak

maybe with practice.... suggestion sounds good, thank you.

Reply to
someone

Get a metric drafting circle template. Airbrush the wheel black first, then fit the inner portion into the corresponding circle and airbrush the camo color. Then add an umber wash.

Works like a charm.

Reply to
Rufus

if i could rig that so that my arm was anchored to a work surface, that would be great. i have a slight tremor that i have to work around. sounds good. thanks.

Reply to
someone

sehr gut!

Reply to
someone

Get drunk. The tremors will be gone and you won't care if you slopped it all up. :-)

Reply to
willshak

When you look for one, try to find one that is smooth on both sides, and not frosted for anti-glare. Mine is smooth on one side and frosted on the other - the smooth side is (much) easier to clean up with a paper towel and some thinner...

I have a Berol #2140 that has circles from 2mm to 10mm in .5mm increments, and then from 11mm to 30mm in 1mm increments, then 32, 35,

38, 40, 42, 45, and 50mm.
Reply to
Rufus

i'm allergic to alcohol. major league.

Reply to
someone

i'll give my buddy frank at ej arden's a call. thanks for the tip.

Reply to
someone

check an office supply ,sometimes they have those round stick on price labels in different sizes,they can be used as masks ,just paint the wheel colour ,mask with the dot, and paint the dark grey rubber colour.

I also cut circles from masking tape with a small circle cutter /compass .

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

another good idea!

Reply to