US Navy

Good evening all,
By any chance is anybody on here who was in the US Navy and stationed in
the Holy Loch, Dunoon, Scotland.
1960 - 1980
Cheers, Ben UK
Reply to
Ben
Looking for your Da?
Sorry..couldnt resist.
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner
Uss Simon Lake AS-33 1966 - 68 MT@ Howard Garner at the time.
Reply to
Howard R Garner
USS Holland AS-32 1980 (I think) Steve
Reply to
Steve Lusardi
I was never stationed there, but I did a couple of SSBN patrols out of there over that time frame. Nice place! I especially remember the residents as friendly people who were very tolerent, even protective, of young American sailors. That is far more than I can say for the nearby civillian residents of the average USA Navy base (especially Norlolk VA)
Oh yes, I "drank my dolphins" in a Dunoon pub.
Vaughn (USS Patrick Henry, SSBN 599)
Reply to
Vaughn Simon
Made a patrol or two out of there. USS Will Rogers
Reply to
beecrofter
Thank you for bringing up this important point. I almost hit the enter key on that same question before deciding better of it.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
You have couth. Im in rather short supply unfortunately.
The military of the US has a very long history of bumpy navel relations with the UK.
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner