US Navy

Good evening all, By any chance is anybody on here who was in the US Navy and stationed in the Holy Loch, Dunoon, Scotland.

1960 - 1980 Cheers, Ben UK
Reply to
Ben

Looking for your Da?

Sorry..couldnt resist.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Uss Simon Lake AS-33 1966 - 68 MT@ Howard Garner at the time.

Reply to
Howard R Garner

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

I was never stationed there, but I did a couple of SSBN patrols out of there over that time frame. Nice place! I especially remember the residents as friendly people who were very tolerent, even protective, of young American sailors. That is far more than I can say for the nearby civillian residents of the average USA Navy base (especially Norlolk VA)

Oh yes, I "drank my dolphins" in a Dunoon pub.

Vaughn (USS Patrick Henry, SSBN 599)

Reply to
Vaughn Simon

Made a patrol or two out of there. USS Will Rogers

Reply to
beecrofter

Thank you for bringing up this important point. I almost hit the enter key on that same question before deciding better of it.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

You have couth. Im in rather short supply unfortunately.

The military of the US has a very long history of bumpy navel relations with the UK.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner