Looking for J57 images

I am looking for images of a J57 engine installed on a KC-135A, uncowled and hopefully both sides shown. Dave Hendren

Reply to
Dave.H.

Looking around on airliners.net I found these. None of them are close- ups.

Chris

Reply to
CCBlack

Thanks Chris, they are good enough to start. They jog my memory, I was a phase inspector at Pease AFB, in the late 70's and want to build a diorama of a tanker going through inspection Dave

CCBlack wrote:

Reply to
Dave.H.

If you're looking for photos of the engine proper, do a Google "Image" search for "J57" - there's a lot of photos of the engine itself out on the web.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Pat, what I my goal is, is to take a few of the after market J57s available and plumb and accessorize them. I am planning to show a 509th KC undergoing phase inspection at Pease AFB. Cowling comes off and a lot of panels . The tough part will be getting the needed maintenance stands made and making the engines suitably cluttered.

Reply to
Dave.H.

Hey Dave, you might want to pick up a copy of " KC-135 Stratotanker in Detail & Scale " by Alwyn T. Lloyd . I see a few of them available on Amazon.com. It's sure to have plenty of photo's to help you out. Of course they are price gouging a bit at $ 40. Not a bad price though.

As a side note. I used to live in Pittsburgh, Pa in the late 1980's and early 90's. A good friend of mine was a crew chief on Stratobladders in the Air National Guard unit stationed at Pittsburgh International airport. They were equipped with the ' E ' model.

He told me when he was in school out at Castle AFB he couldn't believe how LOUD the ' A ' models were with the original J-57 engines using water injection. Also he talked about how the ANG birds were really well taken care of. Were as regular Air Force 135's were a bit trashed out.

By the way that buddy of mine served in the first Gulf war when his ANG unit was sent over there. And he later became a boom operator.

Chris

Reply to
CCBlack