RC F-14

A push-fit cover on a machine capable of flying at hundreds of miles an hour. That's just asking for trouble.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

NOt to mention that he model has a much higher than scale thrust to weight ratio than a full scale Tomcat, as evidenced by it's takeoff performance...but most R/C models do...

...I'd like to know more about the swing wing mechanism, and it's structure. It sort of looks like it's pneumatically actuated...bleed air and a plenum, or a pump-up tank, like most R/C landing gear systems.

Anyway they did it, it works, and that pretty cool just in and of itself.

Reply to
Rufus

You can't tell from that if he can swing the wings all the way back or not.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

They must slide something around inside the aircraft to change the CG as the wings swing.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

That, and/or it auto trims the stabs...I'd expect the later. I wouldn't expect the CG to travel that much.

...but I'm more curious about the mechanics of the swing-wing than the flight controls - like how it's powered. I know you don't get unlimited gear swings with pneumatic R/C gear systems - you pump them up and then can run out of air just like you do with a paint ball gun - so I'm wondering if the same holds for the wing mechanism, if it is air driven. I also wonder if it can do wings AUTO like a full scale one, or just EXT, MID, and AFT. I'd think it would need to be electrically driven for AUTO operation without running out of air...unless they're using some bleed air and an accumulator, which would be even neater.

The mechanics look pretty slickly constructed in the bit that's visible, anyway.

Reply to
Rufus