Making wooden desktop display models more like a plastic model. Anyone?

Even tho I prefer 1/72 models, 1/32 holds a special place in my heart. Recently I've been picking up several 1/32 or very close display models on eBay. Mostly models of a/c I'd love to have in 1/32 or priced just a bit more than a Combat or other vac or even less than a resin kit. I've never been one to super detail anyway. The most I intend to do is add landing gear & maybe cut off the canopies, carve out & add a little cockpit detail & stretch-form a new canopy. Maybe not even the canopy for some. This got me wondering if anyne else out there does this. If so, any tips?

Reply to
frank