Memories of Matchbox

Don't bash it, get some firecrackers and blow it up! Jeez, kids these days. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Cheaper in the long run to lease. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

shaddup, i can't afford them hi price kits. besides, cheap kits are good for learning.

There were a few duplicates and even triplicates when you take Frog into account.

For example, Frog did a He 115, as did Matchbox.

Revell bought all of the Axis aircraft kits that were not wanted as part of the Novo et al purchase.

The Revell kit is the Frog kit.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

those 115 kits can be built up nicely.

31, huh? Only if I wanted to make up a whole Groupe de Chasse. Tracking down how each plane appeared in a Groupe at any one time would be AMS to the extreme.

I have one each for the French, Indian and Israeli forces.

Then again I do have a much larger number of Meteors and Aeroclub conversion kits. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

But then he'd have to buy the kit to find that out. I can't think of a way to tell without 'knowing' ahead of time.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Only two? I have at least three in Swedish schemes. And the Heller kit got the Norwegian scheme.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Some of Heller's kits show up in Smer boxings. I just checked my Squadron catalogue but the Gladiator isn't listed under either company. I did find the old Frog Blackburn Shark listed under Smer.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

who's kit is the 1.48 walrus? i'm using one as practice for the ca kit.

Yes, as can the Revell/Frog kit.

Does anybody have a source photo for the area between the cockpit and rear canopies?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Really very simple.

Get John Burns' PAK 20 and check the Revell listings.Everything with a (Ma) after the description is originally Matchbox.

For example: Revell

4142 Curtiss SB2C-1 Helldiver (Ma:G). The "G" indicates that this is a Revell Germany release.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

OOOOOOOHHHH, don't let the lady of your house hear you say that. I'm not in favour of leasing, but after becoming single after 13 years of marriage, I can certainly see the financial sense in leasing. If marriage is institutionalised prostitution, I want a refund.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Norwegian and a Sea Gladiator will do it for me. The Lithuanian one might be cool too, but I'll be lucky to build two.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I think there was Replique in the last eighteen months that had a lot of that sort of stuff, though I was never able to get a copy.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Thanks, Mark.

Several Replics in the now seven linear feet of cataloging to be done.

I'll dig them out and put them on the top of one of the piles.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Only way is to have someone let you open the box - mostly you can tell if they are Matchbox from looking at the sprues.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

The copyright date or print date of the instructions are useless - I have several examples of kits with the same plastic and different instructions and decals, but the do all have the same copyright date (Year) on the plastic

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen