Metalizers how do I use them

I am gettin the Bear bomber kie from trumpeter and need advise on testeors metalizer plz help

Reply to
cbear

Depends, which metalizer?

Testors/Model Master - No primer, direct on plastic. Handle with care, they're fragile.

SNJ - Four light coats, let dry for (IIRC) 15 minutes or so, then attack with the polishing powder. The polishing (aluminum, gold, etc.) powder also works on other gloss paints (blacks, blues, etc.) for other effects.

Alclad - No idea, never used it.

Rub 'n Buff - Best for props or selected panels. Over an entire aircraft, it's a royal pain...and picks up fingerprints very easily 'til about a week later.

Reply to
EGMcCann

From cbear:

Reply to
Charles Ryan

A week for Rub'n'Buff is very optimistic, in my experience. The one model I did entirely in RnB took over a year to stop shedding pigment. Nice finish, but...

I haven't tried Alclad either, but I found SnJ to be really hassle-free, except for needing more like a dozen coats to blot out the puttied areas.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

in article snipped-for-privacy@nnrp05.earthlink.net, Mark Schynert at snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote on 07/11/03 11:50 AM:

A coat of Mr. S over the model will blot out the puttied areas and can be sanded and polished to a high gloss. It's a great base for any NM.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Reply to