Model Tanks for Beginners

I think it was Monogram that had a series of 1/48 scale "pro-finish" aircraft that where prepainted and aimed toward beginners. These models were a little more costly for the quality, but still reasonably priced...and very accessible to a first time modeler.

Is there any such thing available in 1/35 tanks? I'm looking for an easy Tiger Tank for my son to build.

Any help would be appreciated. Already did some searches on the net and came up with nothing.

Worr, out

Reply to
Bernie Worral

Worr, Wal-Mart sells a series or predecorated armor kits that go together rather easily with snap and screw driver (maybe a little of glue). The ones I have seen is a Panzer III, Chaffee, US Halftrack, M18 Hellcat, and a few others, I'm fairly sure an M4A3 was in the mix as well.

They ran $14.96 and were made by Motorcraft or something like that. I believe they were listed at 1/32 and not 1/35 but I could be mistaken.

Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

Reply to
John X. Volker

I couldn't find it at wallmart.com

Only found an engine motor model by motorworks.

Worr, out

Reply to
Bernie Worral

priced...and

Reply to
John X. Volker

My wife and I found a big stack of them yesterday up in Lancaster, PA. Company has some lame name (Modelworks? Modelwork?) but they offered a lot of kits: M4A3 Sherman, M3A1 halftrack, M18 Hellcat, Panther, Tiger, StuG III, Pzkw. III Ausf D, and Sd.Kfz. 7, all prepainted and all with two figures.

Cost was $14.98 each.

Cookie Sewell AMPS

Reply to
AMPSOne

I'm going out to my local wallmart tonight. I can't find them on the net at all.

Worr, out

Reply to
Bernie Worral