Modeling on TV...Sort of...

Was just watching "That 70's Show" tonight. Near the end of the show, Eric Foreman turns up in a t-shirt with "Slot and Wing Hobbies, Champaign, Ill." on it...

Used to frequent that store while I was going to the U of I...was a gas to see thier logo again. I'm hoping the shop's still there, and thriving.

Reply to
Rufus

I was hoping for Victoria Secret......dang misleading subject headings......

Reply to
Craig

At some point in the past, jerry 47 posted this interesting stuff:

It's a car commercial, IIRC..."Get to your Metro Detroit So-and-So dealer and take advantage of the Saturday Sales Event."

Reply to
Doug Semler

Ive seen it and also can't remember what it is for...which says something about the power of advertising! But it cant be for detroit since I am in maryland...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

At some point in the past, Eyeball2002308 posted this stuff:

LOL...I think it's one of those generic national commercials, which ends with local voice/pic overs. You know, just like when you see an ad from Alex Trebek saying "Watch jeopardy tonight on NBC channel Detroit 4."

Reply to
Doug Semler

What movie was that where the guy took a newfound lady friend to a friend's impressive apartment that had lots of model airplanes hanging from the ceiling and they accidently broke a bunch?

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

There's a commercial running now of a dad and son with a half built balsa Catalina in it. I don't know what the product is. Jerry 47

headings......

Reply to
jerry 47

Just got the latest CD by Steely Dan, "Everything Must Go". I was listening to it for the first time and I heard a line in the song "Things I Miss the Most" that I had to replay several times to before I convinced myself that it was a scale modeling reference (of course, I later found the lyric in the CD liner).

The line is:

"I'm building the Andrea Doria out of balsa wood"

Martin

Reply to
Martin Sagara

Modeling on TV and film apparently is becoming a new trend.

I recently saw on video the movie "40 Days and 40 Nights" where the plot line has the main character takes up plastic modeling to get his mind off of sex. Some RMSers may not realize that these are separate activities!

Kaliste Saloom #30703 IPMS/Acadiana Plastic Modelers Society Lafayette, LA

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom

Sounds like a horror film.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

It was an 80's era movie that starred Martin Short who was trying to impress his date. I forget the actress' name (Anette ?), but she played the ex-wife of Don Johnson on the Nash Bridges TV show. Paul Glasser played the buddy of Matin Short who let him borrow his apartment for the night, which included the trashing of a Monogram B-29.

Jeff The eagle has landed

Reply to
MAYSUN5961

Isn't that called an anachronism? Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

Reply to
chip

Annette O'Toole. She now plays Martha Kent in "Smallville".

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

There was also an episode where Fes builds a Monogram P-51 Mustang . Too bad the box was a late '90s box.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Hartlen

Dont remember the title, IIRC they were some shiny silver Monogram

2-/4-engine birds...

Vedran Kalamiza

Reply to
Vedran Kalamiza