Wish for car modeling on TV !?

Bonjour,

I've been toying with this idea and can't resist throwing it at 'Modelers assembled' for some help. It might not be original as I didn't research previous statements along these lines (and in that case, sorry for the repeat). Please bear with me.

I really like TLC's (The Learning Channel) Overhaulin' and Rides TV programs about car making/modifying. Even though I am more biased towards european GT, I am constantly amazed by the resourcefulness and craftsmanship shown on these programs ; and the happiness they bring to their tricked client.

Moreover, I have seen some incredible car modeling in my teens (60's) and again in recent years, what with the after-market scale parts suppliers. Some show models are so fanatically detailled (nuts and bolts in 1/24 !!) that I believe those hobbyist cheated by using a Reducto-Zap-O-Matic cannon on real cars to scale them down.

So here goes ...

Could you write a word to TLC directly or petition your car modeler's association to ask TLC to organize one or more show about car scale modelers ?

As a suggestion, Chip Foose and his Overhaulin' gang could tackle a real world projet while Rides features the same project but scaled, tackled by one or more reckonized masters in our hobby. Heck, why not organise a contest and show the making of such a models and the winner on the Rides progam ?

It would be great for mature modelers and beginners alike as many are also real car enthusiasts. It would also stimulate new comers into the hobby, thereby enhancing demand for more and better models from suppliers ! I think it would also be good for sponsors (real cars parts) of these TV programs, lending a hand to youngsters who might well remember their wares when growing from scale models to 1:1 car modification.

Again, I encourage you to drop a line to TLC !

Reply to
Pierre Carrier