Modern Heersflieger Helicopters to go WIth Armor?

Dear Group,

What 1/72 scale helicopters are out there to go with the current line of injection molded and soft plastic line of for the modern German Army? It looks like the one I want most, the EH-90 is not availible in any scale. I want to mix helicopters and armor in small scall as I always thought these would display well together givne the availible soft plastic figures.

Sincerely,

Big Al

Baltimore

Reply to
AlbertCherer

Well there are some of those Sikorskys similar to the Marine's Sea Stallions. I'm not sure what modifications are needed beyond the markings. I also hate to even name 'THAT' company. ;[ MBB 105s are, or were, available from Airfix and they come with the proper markings. That's all that I'm sure of. There may be others.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Well, there _IS_ an EH-90, but as previously mentioned, it's of the prototype. Also available are the BO-105, PAH-2, the CH-53 (get the Fujimi or Italeri kit, the ancient Airfix is really nasty with the rivets and fit), and UH-1D. For the UH-1D I'd say that either the Hasegawa or Esci will work, but IMHO the Esci/Italeri kit is a better fit and better on the budget. If you're interested in some slightly older helos you can al- ways use the Italeri UH-34 kit and the Italeri OH-13 kit. I have no idea where you would get the Iron Crosses, but I usually rob a bunch from my Phantom and Starfighter kits as I go. Probably the only ones to fit the smaller helos you might have to scrounge some from various Alpha Jet kits or perhaps some 1/144 a/c kits (maybe armour kits would do).

Hope this helps!

-andy

Reply to
Drew Hill