more about the nightfighter paint

history channel had a show about nighty fighters and it had various shots of p-6's. they were all glossy as hell. it looked like the ground crews kept them polished up because it was a mix of ac. the undersides looke especially bright. i believe that if they weren't painted glossy black, they sure as hell were polished and kept shiny. anyone else see it?

sorry, p61's!

Uh, yeah. I was more interested in who fights nightys. I always wanted to be around them.

Seriously, I think the Army played around with P-6s as night pursuit ships but I could be thinking of another type.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Early on in the war, a couple of P-26 Peashooters were painted black and sent up at night to patrol around Oahu in general and specifically around Pearl Harbor. I guess they didn't know if the Japanese were coming back for Round Two....

Reply to
The Old Man