MY INK IS RUNNING!!!!!!!

I'm building a 1:144 scale 757 and designing it to be completely custom. The livery calls for a custom decal spanning the entire length of the fuselage. I have created them on my computer and printed them out on Testors blank decal paper. I split the decal in two since it wouldn't fit on one sheet. I've had no problem positioning or manipulating the decal but even if I avoid contacting the surface of the decal, the ink starts to depart the decal. I have sprayed the finished sheet with dullcote and clearcote multiple times and nothing seems to seal the decal's ink. Also I'm using a standard HP inkjet printer. Anyone have a solution?

Doogie

Reply to
Doogie

Go to your brick-and-mortar and buy some Micro-Scale Decal Film. CAREFULLY spread this on the printed decal paper and let dry for a few hours (I let it sit overnight). Repeat. The decal is now ready for transferring. Good luck.

Reply to
The Old Man

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Doogie