newbe needs advice

I'm interested in learning the art of airbrush painting,my art skills are good.can some one tell me the best tools and paint to learn with, and some exercises to do to hone my skills thanks [[pat]]

Reply to
pat

Pat, Wrong group, mate :-). This is a scale model forum, which doesn't mean that we're all useless (some of us are, though!). Have a look for an airbrush ng, or go to the newsagent and pick up a few airbrush magazines - there is a German one which is excellent (name escapes me at the moment...). There are also a few good basic books on the subject available. We do use airbrushes, true, but not really the way you want to use them.

That said, for art work, I think the most popular (and best) are the range by Iwata - some fine pieces of equipment there - be prepared to pay big $, though. For learning, any reasonable 'brush will do - look for Badger, Paasche, DeVilbiss. Some of their kit is a bit cheaper than the rest. Money you spend now will repay you in the long run - DON"T BUY CHEAPIES!!! I'll say that again - DON"T BUY CHEAPIES!!! They will cause you more grief than you can imagine. Good second-hand will also do if the budget won't stretch to new.

Have a look at

for more useful info. Look under the tab - Airbrushes/Parts, then click on the link that says "Choosing an airbrush that's right for you" Also have a look at their Books/Videos section. While you're online, try a Google search under 'airbrush'.

Hope this helps RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

You also might go to Briansmodelcars.com and look in the painting forum - there's a good bit of info there. Wardzone

Reply to
Wardzone