[Q] Sweet FM-2 wildcat kits

Does anyone know the difference between these 2 kits? Is it just a decal change>

To be honest, I'm more interested in the cute cat crew. Are they the same in both kits?

Reply to
fan

I can't imagine them being different in that scale. Then again, I can't fathom why they'd put cats in an airplane kit but they certainly look usable. The British Wildcat Mk VI was the only one in stock so I think your choice is narrow. HTH

Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Decals only.

HTH,

Jim Bates Akron, Ohio

Reply to
Jim Bates

Naval aircraft with a 'cat' crew...Makes humourous sense to me.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

in article snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net, Bill Banaszak at snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote on 2/26/04 8:09 PM:

The cat appears in two of the cartoons on the boxes. I have three of the kits; the Hurricane, Wildcat, and Mc 200. Great little kits and a bargain too.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Yeah, the Japanese seem to be the only ones to combine cute characters with historical artifacts. A local friend who has the kit gave the cats to his wife; she thought they were neat. Cat crew for a Wildcat (did they still call the FM-2 a wildcat?) Now continuing with this theme you'd have sharks with legs for the P-40. What would it look like for the F8F or F6F? Little ponies with wrenches in their hooves for the P-51? Smirking bees for the F-18?

What'd I miss...

Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Smiling buccaneers for Corsairs? ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Actually I think the reference is to a carrier's "cat" crew on the catapults when launching.

Reply to
Michael Stanley

launching.

Spoil sport. ;-)

Well if that's the case...

Airedales (the canine variety) in place of the cats. Wingnuts. Little fasteners with legs. Bus Drivers. Complete with their little Maytag repairman uniforms Grapes (CV fuel handlers). Think Fruit of the Loom Guys here.

Ok, that's enough silliness for one post.

WmB

WmB

Dammit Ron! Now You come over here and clean the coke off my monitor!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey
********** WARNING: Top Posting Alert ******

Deck apes. Now that would make for a cool diorama. Would we go with just apes or throw gorillas and orangutans into the mix and try to assign a Planet of the Apes class hierarchy. Would that put the orangutans in khaki, or am I looking at this the wrong way? ;-)

WmB

WmB

DOH! Too bad, I really wanted to see sharks with legs. Cheers,

Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

IIRC, you can see that if you watch "West Side Story".

Bill Banaszak, MFE ;)

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

or showgirls.