Newbie needs a little Info

Hello all,

I am working on my first level 3 model at the moment, don't know how it will look in the end, but I am about midway through and addicted. I am looking for any model resources on the web, this first project is a Dale Earnhardt car, that I purchased at wal-mart this a couple months ago. Yes, even though he is dead, someone is still making models of his cars. Anyway, I am looking for all the help I can get, especially with decal's, which I am sort of fretting. Thanks a lot.

Rusty Unger

Reply to
Rusty Unger

I took about 20 years off modeling and am sort of a newbie myself, but first big lessons I've learned are these:

  1. go slow, take your time, be very very patient
  2. don't be such a perfectionist that it stops being fun

I recently got DML's Me262 Interceptor in 1/48 from ebay. I'm more than a little intimidated by all the fine detail and PE brass in that box, so I understand your position, Rusty. I can't give you anything specific but I hope this helps.

TF

Reply to
T. Forward

Rusty,

Continue to read the posting on the news group and you will pick up a lot of basic information on painting and assembly. You may also want to look at many of the web sites that contain tips and techniques -- ipmsusa.org has many bookmarked for you.

Bob

Rusty Unger wrote:

Reply to
Bob Sasak

i've learned more in 7 months reading here than i would have in 10 years of trial and error. then theres the history lessons. most of my aviation knowledge was 26 years out of date.

Hi Rusty.

Don't get intimidated, it's like riding a bicycle, you never forget...heh.

Like it was suggested, there's a lot of help here, so don't fret.

Mr. Superczynski has just about the best tag line, "Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to and the critics will flame you every time"

Be well.

I am working on my first level 3 model at the moment, don't know how it will look in the end, but I am about midway through and addicted. I am looking for any model resources on the web, this first project is a Dale Earnhardt car, that I purchased at wal-mart this a couple months ago. Yes, even though he is dead, someone is still making models of his cars. Anyway, I am looking for all the help I can get, especially with decal's, which I am sort of fretting. Thanks a lot.

Rusty Unger

Reply to
Kitt

get lost and find a group that knows something, asshole

Reply to
teh insane Gaymer

not my bedtime pops, but if you stick around long enough I'll shove your ass out the door

Reply to
teh insane Gaymer

Well, obviously this newsgroup has more information and the people here do know something, you must be in the minority. Hang on, I hear your mom calling you, it must be bedtime.

Reply to
Rusty Unger
+----------+ | PLEASE | | DO NOT | | FEED THE | | TROLLS | +----------+ | | | | .\|.||/..
Reply to
Bruce Burden

Plop Plop Fizz Fizz oh what a relief it is.....Killfile!

Reply to
Rusty Unger

Rusty,

Pay no attention to that. It's just something that rudely inserts itself here from time to time.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Rusty:

That message must be from one of the idiots I have killfiled since It didn't show up on my machine. We do have a few of those kind here from time to time. It's just one of the downside things about the internet. For the most part, the people here are reasonably polite, except when politics rears its ugly head. :-)

Bill Shuey

Rusty Unger wrote:

Reply to
William H. Shuey

stop,stop wizz, wizz wonder who the f*****ad is

Reply to
teh insane Gaymer

stop top posting you newbie dip-shit

Reply to
teh insane Gaymer

snipped-for-privacy@usenetserver.com is the way to go. if everyone sends one post of his to them, they'll listen.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

}&>) Kitt

"Waste is a terrible thing to mind" AJMB

get lost and find a group that knows something, asshole

Reply to
Kitt

Does your brother know he's an only child ?

By the by, learn how to spell on your mangled address.

It's THE, not TEH.

}&>) Kitt

"Waste is a terrible thing to mind" AJMB

not my bedtime pops, but if you stick around long enough I'll shove your ass out the door

Reply to
Kitt

so now you`re a netkopsucker. get lost punk or you`ll feel the full power of teh warhammer

Reply to
teh insane Gaymer