newsserver

Hi folks,

I`m looking for a *free* newsserver, that supplies the group: alt.binaries.models.scale

TIA, Peter

Reply to
Peter Wehle

???

Reply to
Greg Heilers

freenews.netfront.net

Reply to
James

Am Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:45:27 GMT schrieb Greg Heilers:

Hi,

did`nt find one there, did you? But thanks anyway,

Peter

Reply to
Peter Wehle

teranews or bubbanews. one time $3.95 set up fee. can post and download up to 50 megs per day. that's a LOT of text.

Am Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:57:40 GMT schrieb James:

Thanks James, but the latest groupslist doesn`t contain the group.

Reply to
Peter Wehle

That *is* the server. You browse until you reach the intended group. I assumed by your posting that you were simply looking for free access to our group, for posting and reading messages.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Well, I usually use my net providers newsgroup server, but when I checked the freenews.netfront.net server today I was able to subscribe to rec.models.scale there. Not sure why you can't...

Reply to
James

Am Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:40:31 GMT schrieb Greg Heilers:

Hi, no that wasn`t my intention. I wanted to integrate the group into my newsclient, and download the articles incl. the pics. But always when I access groups.google.com, and crawl forward to alt.binaries, the group a.b.m.s does not show up. Some month ago my provider had the group, but his newsserver is down since a longer time, and no idea, when he will be online again. I always appreciated to have a database of picturs accessable on my computer. Perhaps I have to drop the idea now.

Thanks a lot, Peter

Reply to
Peter Wehle

Wow...you are correct. I am certain that a.b.m.s *was* available through Google, in the past. I wonder how they choose which groups to give access to, and how one may make suggestions to the "Google Group Gods".

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Am Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:17:37 GMT schrieb James:

Dear James, for I`m abled to post to rec.models.scale, I do have *already* subscribed rec.models.scale.

I`m longing to subscribe to *alt.binaries.models.scale* :). Know, it`s hard to understand, but anyhow, anyway, there is no deadend street. Just have to find the exit.

Kind regards from Berlin, Peter

Reply to
Peter Wehle

I got a "forbidden..." message when I tried

freenews.netfront.net hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

You get "forbidden" if you enter into your browser. It works ok if you enter it as a new account as in tools/account/add/news etc.

T2

Reply to
Tom