One for the UK readers?

I can't read a model magazine or web review without seeing it mentioned-what is 'our' equivalent of Future floor wax?? what do other UK modellers use? Cheers! Billy

Reply to
mainman

I use johnsons future floor polish... in a large plastic bottle, good stuff but i may have spelt that wrong. try asda etc etc

Reply to
Jules

Future is made by the scJohnson Co. in Wisconsin. In the UK, I believe it is scJohnson's Klear. It is not a wax or a polish. It is an acrylic floor 'finish'. It goes on as a liquid and dries to a hard clear finish.

Reply to
Willshak

Here is some good info:

This link has been posted many times on this newsgroup in the past.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Johnson Klear is the exact same stuff. It is excellent for spraying over models as a gloss varnish. You can also dip canopies in it to remove tiny scratches and give them a proper "perspex" shine.

I've also heard that some people polish their kitchen floors with it, but I don't believe a word of it! ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

They are called "women" Enzo and bringing home a bottle of floorshine is likely to provoke a response such as "Are you saying I don't clean the floors properly?" and immediate filing for divorce.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Hey!! Best way to use up an old bottle!!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

LOL Made my day!!

GeoffH (The Pirate) Norfolk - UK not VA

Reply to
GeoffH

Yes, I know all about women.

OK... I'm lying to you. I know *nothing* about women at all.

Every time I think I've figured them out, they go and do something totally different. They are incredibly strange creatures.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I've heard of some people scraping all the glue spots and paint splatter off their workbenches and applying Future over the worktop. They say it makes the top look neater and easier to find small parts. Well, I really only heard of one person doing it.

Reply to
Willshak

and the throbbers are better than the whiners....

Yes, but like aircraft, so much fun to watch whilst in motion. They also come in a variety of colours, markings and features.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

They have other uses too. They can make the coffee when a friend visits so you don't have to interrupt the conversation.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

and in five minutes after you wake with a hangover, they can tell you all your shortcomings, make you feel like the lowest creature on earth, then turn around, dust you off and make you believe you're ok. and feed you breakfest. hmmm, maybe another relationship.... (shoot me, please.)