OT- car question, Maserati-

Was coming home from the folks' house in Arizona- on I-10 west of Blythe got passed by what looked like a full-on race car, like an older Le Mans type (I'm pretty ignorant on this stuff) with regular California plates on it- anybody know what this was? Damm it was purty!

Reply to
Jim Atkins

on 12/28/2007 11:26 AM Jim Atkins said the following:

No idea. In California, it could be anything. How about a new Ford GT40?

or

willshak

Did it have seperate fenders (i.e, pre or early post-ww2), or was it more of a modern body style?

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

The Maserati Birdcage, is in my top 5 most beautiful cars of all time........maybe close to number one. Here is a link to some great pic's of models of this car. The CMC diecast model is a fantastic model........

Count DeMoney

How about a Coloni Horch Mega-Roadster?:

car so fast, that even the hood ornament has to hang on for dear life:
;-) Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

About everything Colani designed is good looking

Reply to
Bert-Jan

I'd say around 30% "good", around 70% "strange". Here's his Mach 5 passenger jet design:

think that was last spotted swimming around in Loch Ness. Here's the Colani toilet seat:
perfect accessory for your Colani rotating bathroom/kitchen/bedroom cylinder:
reminds me of a piece of graffiti in our college men's room: "Flush twice - it's a long way to the cafeteria." :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

The Jimmy Durante of cars!

Reply to
Larry Farrell

Any design that follows the curves of a woman is gonna somehow look "just right" to us men. Ford took it all the way when they got "gynecological" with the grille on the Edsel. Too bad for them that women have such a big say in picking out the family car. :-0

Doug

Reply to
Doug Wagner

It's amazing that no one in the style department didn't notice that there was something oddly familiar about the radiator design. Between that and the "Dagmars" on other cars of the fifties, it gives the impression that the design departments of car makers had some serious Freudian fixation things going on in that time period.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery