OT: D-Day Anniversary - Did you guys across the pond not invite the Queen?

read on another group that the Queen was not invited....along with France and the USA. Seems like the Queen should show up or at least drive by and wave...

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

As I understand it, the celebrations were organised by the French. Nicholas Sarkozy invited the British "head of state"... Gordon Brown. When the error was pointed out to him, he refused to invite the *real* head of state, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. This is a grave insult to the UK, as the head of state of one country has refused to recognise the head of state of another. As Prime Minister and a loyal servant of the Crown, Mr Brown should therefore have refused his invitation, but he hasn't. It seems he will attend the celebrations as "head of state". Mr Brown has therefore usurped the authority of the Crown, which is the very definition of treason. In addition, by helping Mr Brown to commit said treason, Mr Sarkozy has commited an act of war against the UK.

According to Mr Sarkozy "this is very much a Franco-American occasion". So... the thousands of British and Commonwealth soldiers who died to free his pissant shithole of a country don't matter.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Well - the Frogs always WERE the Enemy. *smirk*

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the NEXT time, I vote we let Jerry keep the place.

-Kevin in Indy To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........

Reply to
Kevin M. Vernon

Musicman59 said the following on 30/05/2009 03:33:

Typical female, she couldn't get her self together even with a week's notice.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Did he remember to invite the Germans???

8-P
Reply to
The Old Man

The Queen was not invited neither as Head of Great Britain nor Head of the Commonwealth.

Taken from Wiki

In 1945, Elizabeth accompanied her parents on visits to Commonwealth service personnel, and began to carry out solo duties, such as reviewing a parade of Canadian airwomen.[17] She joined the Women's Auxiliary Territorial Service, as No. 230873 Second Subaltern Elizabeth Windsor. She trained as a driver and mechanic, drove a military truck, and rose to the rank of Junior Commander.[22] She is, at present, "the only living head of state who served in uniform during World War II".[

Seems like she is more qualified than some to attend, especially, Sarkozy and Brown.

According to Mr Sarkozy "this is very much a Franco-American occasion.

Just like Iraq II then - two countries that stand by each other whatever - err no, only if it suits the French.

Cheers,

Nigel

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4116 (20090529) __________

Nigel Heather the-heathers.co.uk>

I always did wonder about the French and Jerry...Lewis.

Reply to
eyeball

Did he remember to invite the Germans???

From what I've just read about Sarkozy's parentage, sounds like he will be representing both the Axis and the Allies.

Cheers,

Nigel

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4116 (20090529) __________

Nigel Heather the-heathers.co.uk>

Hard to fathom that he is ignorant of the naval, air and assault contributions made by Commonwealth soldiers. Juno, Sword, Gold, Pegasus Bridge, etc. On second thought, it's not that hard to imagine.

I haven't been following this story much, did he remember to invite the Germans before all others?

I'm pretty sure this is urban legend or plain unabashed bullshit, but it's cute and apropos

- and my sister just e-mailed it to me:

WmB

Reply to
WmB