OT - DAMN...now I gotta buy a stereo pre-amp...

I know, I should be working on my U-boat...but I've been rebuilding my recording studio instead. I had a really slick setup going - was rewiring stuff and not only was I going to be able to switch stereo pairs all over the place using my old Yamaha C-70 pre-amp, I also have the hard drive mastering computer linked into my living room stereo via my wireless net...

...was all going great until I switched on the C-70 and...dead left channel...then dead both channels. I think the volume pot is gone out to lunch, and maybe I can get that fixed...but DAMN. I was so close...

...that's what I get for only buying one guitar this year.

Reply to
Rufus

Well... Since it sounds like you are into fixing things; how about taking your C-70(?) apart and operating on the volume pot with a product called DEOXIT. I saved a DISH remote with it. Google it.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Actually, I think what I would need to do is replace the pot...it feels like there's something mechanical wrong with it. It's either broken it's solder joints, or the shaft is sliding around in the pot.

Anyway, it's moving around when it shouldn't be, and seems ok when I first turn it on and then fails once it warms.

Reply to
Rufus