NERRF PRE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN

Hi All

NERRF is now accepting Pre-Registrations

There is no charge to pre-register and it can be done easily on-line. Help us serve you better by pre-registering and letting us know how many people and vehicles will be arriving and what needs you'll have. Click on "Pre-Registration Form" on the main menu to the left.

We look forward to seeing you all there.

NERRF = North East Regional Rocket Festival

Welcome to the northeast regional rocket festival's web site. The Festival is a large annual launch held in the northeast. This year the Festival will be held during June 17-19, 2005 at METRA's Pine Island, NY field. This field is located on a large sod farm near Middletown, NY (exit 3E on I-84). The Festival will have its own insurance and will be run as an independent event. Rockets using motors commonly known as EX will be allowed to fly at the same time as those using commercial motors. We have a 12,000 foot (AGL) waiver. Due to the heavy air traffic in the area higher waivers are not possible and flights needing to use the full waiver may need to hold for traffic. The field supports up to "M" impulse flights. Pads will be available with everything from estes rods to unistrut Rails. To keep things moving on the flight line we encourage HPR fliers to use rail buttons (eliminates having to wait for a certain size rod or having to change out rods).

The idea of the Festival was spawned shortly after CTRA's invitational, when group of us met after the launch for refreshments (always dangerous). Initially the thought was to have a joint launch with a couple of the regional clubs. Just like any group project this took on a life of its own and started growing. Soon the idea of the festival was born. The members (members of CATO, CTRA-NARCONN, METRA and NEPRA) realized we had the man power to make the Festival a full blown regional event, open to everybody.

The answers to most of your questions can be found in the FAQ's. If you have a question that you can't find the answer to, you can ask the question in the Forum or email us (click on Contact Us).

Reply to
Bobbyb

How about a link to your website?

Les.