OT: How hot is it where you live?

In Columbia,SC,USA we just hit a all time record of 108 degrees Fahrenheit! With our customary 90-95% humidity we have a heat index of 120 degrees. What about where you are? Hub

Reply to
Hub Plott III

on 8/10/2007 4:34 PM Hub Plott III said the following:

Right now in NY? 55F. It's that damn Canada that causes it. If Mexico were up there instead of Canada, it would be warm now. :-)

Reply to
willshak

fairly cool summer here. we hit about 105 today, not at all like a hot summer day. really hot is over 115 and we've only had 4 of those instead of weeks at a time. with 20% or less humidity, it's like your 85. nights are cold! had to use a sheet last night! bbbrrrr.

Reply to
someone

you heat wussies! real men split logs at 110 here! (just before the ambulance comes.)

Reply to
someone

wrote:>In Columbia,SC,USA we just hit a all time record of 108 degrees Fahrenheit!

Low 80's with no humidity, a typical Colorado Springs day (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

nice day there.

Reply to
someone

It's unusually cool for August in the Mojave...only 101 currently. But we're supposed to get back to more normal temps through next week...

Reply to
Rufus

We have had spells where it hit the 90's for a few days and then retreated, thankfully. Today is mid-70's here in Bremerton, WA on the beautiful Kitsap Peninsula. Along with PaPa, I very strongly dis-like anything higher than

70's- I hated living in middle Tenn. back almost 20 years ago; could not wait to get back to the West Coast!
Reply to
Andrew M

I did a music video with the Coors over in Trona - if you've ever seen the video for the song "Breathless", I'm one of the bikers in it...

Us bikers (well, me anyway...) spent the whole day hanging out and walking around in full (black) leathers...was probably in the triple digits, and bright sunshine. The Corrs sisters spent the whole day walking around in...er..."limited" attire. It wasn't until much afterward that I heard that they all ended up in the local hospital that night being treated for dehydration and exhaustion.

...meanwhile, us bikers headed to the bar for a cold one. None the worse for it all.

Reply to
Rufus

i hate having covers at night! bring back summer.

Reply to
someone

send me a copy? or come riding, already. it's amazing how much acclimation counts and that it can last. when i was young i lived in the low desert type country overseas. it took me a couple of months to adapt and i've never been bothered by heat since. new englanders would be dropping dead in 90+ degrees and i would be outside playing, 30 years later when i moved back desrtward, i was still acclimated. weird, huh? i would love to scratch build that trackless borax steam train at furnace creek. can you imagine operating a steam engine going 5 mph in 125 degree heat? must have been some tough guys.

Reply to
someone

Hub Plott III wrote: : : In Columbia,SC,USA we just hit a all time record of 108 degrees Fahrenheit! : Yeah, not too unusual for Dallas in August. : : With our customary 90-95% humidity we have a heat index of 120 degrees. What : about where you are? : In Austin, I am not sure we have cracked 100 yet this year. Friday it was 96 or so. Dewpoint in the lower 70's. Fairly typical for late June/early July weather.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Yup. I noticed how out of it I'd become when I moved back after spending a year living at sea level in Kingsville, TX. Had no problem with the gulf coast heat, but when I got back to the high desert I could feel how non-acclimated to the altitude I had become. Since I don't ski anymore, I don't think I've ever really re-acclimated to the elevation.

I never got a copy of the video myself, but if you find a run of the original cut, you'll spot my red and black '98 Glide in the opening parade shots - then, in the shot where everyone is walking out from under the wings of the DC-3, I'm on the right end of the line, wearing my rag, glasses, vest, and chaps. Some of the locals have actually recognized me...or my bike, anyway.

...I'm also one of the prisoners on the chain gang in the opening of "Happy, Texas".

Reply to
Rufus

Winter here has just finished, today hit 27 degrees celcius (diont know what that is in old money, sorry).

Reply to
Andrew

Reply to
Hub Plott III

Current Conditions at nearby location:

Perry Lefors Field, TX

Updated: 924 AM CDT SAT AUG 11 2007

Fair

Temp: 81°F

Humidity: 51%

Wind Speed: SW 16 MPH G 21

Barometer: 30.10 in.

Dewpoint: 61°F

Heat Index: 82°F

Wind Chill: 81°F

We broke a hundred a couple days ago, humidity was over 75%

Mike

-- Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.

Reply to
Mike G.

Do you want the temperature taken inside or outside of the fires?

Western Montana has broken jjust about every record this summer.

Most days over 100* = 11

Most days over 90* = 41 (With more to come this week!)

Hardly any rain to speak of since back in early June.

On the 6th of July we hit 108* here! Walking across the lawn was like crushing glass...........

And now we have the fires! With everything tinder dry, this is going to be a rough year. Right now we have 11 sizeable fires burning....... with one just to the East of me now at around 18,000 acres burned.

Gonna move to Vegas where it's cooler!!

Rick Fluke Arlee, Montana

Reply to
unamodeler

cool. i think i told you about my sleazy rifer near miss? well, i'll always have the woodstock cover. (64 rows back, 163 from the left, the large breasted girl was my old lady then.)

Reply to
someone

lived on a hill in the city and we got nice night breezes with trees screening the bad winds.

Reply to
someone

that's sleazy rider, not rifer....opls.

Reply to