OT: info on real guns sought.

Hello All,

I know it's OT, but I ask it anyway.

I recently got hold of a Werndl M1866/67 Jäger Carabine. And I am looking for some more info then can be found on the net.

Is there a News Group with/for/through shooters of classic rifles etc?

TIA,

Dennis

Reply to
Mechanical Menace

Any of the NGs with 'guns' in the title would probably be frequented by antique or classic gun enthusiasts, whether that is the main interest or not. Good luck.

Luke

Reply to
Luke

very cool, can yoi post some pics of it.

Ray O'Hara

I think the followers of the talk.guns groups would be happy to elucidate.

Reply to
Andrew Chaplin

Interesting piece. Not my style, but interesting nonetheless.

I was given a Ruger model 96 lever action 22 mag as a Christmas present. Never saw it coming ;-)

Reply to
AM

AM wrote in news:Lt6dnQbBTckTyS7YnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Yes, definately an interesting piece. Although I wouldn't mind a Ruger too. ( I have a Ruger Vanquero .357, single action revolver)

The Werndl is by far not as fine looking as the one on the URL above. It's actually rather rusted, but by far not beyond unrestorable state. But the barrel is open and all parts move. Some need some repair, the trigger mechanism needs some TLC and lubrication. The inside of the barrel is surprisingly good.

Finding the right cartridge would be a real chore, because I've read that have several chamberings had been issued. With an 11mm calibre and the short barrel, I think it will give a nice kick.

Now lets see if I can get it "up and running"and see if it is as accurate on the 100m and 300m as my trusty old .308 Parker Hale.

I'll post some pics somewhere in due time.

Cheers,

Dennis

Reply to
Mechanical Menace

Mechanical Menace wrote in news:Xns98BFB9ACD1EB1meme@213.75.12.135:

You might try rec.guns. It is a moderated group, occasionally a bit wondbaggish, but generally populated with hnowledgeable folk.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

snipped-for-privacy@yahooo.com (Gray Ghost) wrote in news:Xns98BF81A58F3ACWereofftoseethewizrd@216.196.97.131:

Thnx Frank

I'll try that too.

Cheers,

Dennis

Reply to
Mechanical Menace

Looks cool. I gather that the block rolls to the right to allow cartridge insertion. What I didn't pick up from the text was whether it is a single-shot?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller