OT: This new goggle format really sucks

Just like at work when we are told they will be upgrading the computers, we all cringe knowing that it will all crash soon.

so google figures this new format is better. who said the other way did not work?

Craig

Reply to
blakeec

Completely agree. This is an awful mess. Makes me want AOL again and there newgroup reader

Dave

Reply to
dmorrissette

Don't forget the modern way is to focus-group changes with the brain dead first. Find out from existing users? Are you mad? That is just so last century.

Chek

Reply to
Chek

...Netscape 7.2.

Reply to
Rufus

you never tried firefox, rufe? nutscrape plus, plus. give it a shot.

Yeah - I'm kinda stuck where I am. 7.2 is meeting all of my needs and is a snap to use. 'Course, the broadband helps.

Reply to
Rufus

kill pop ups? if so, why change?

Did they include the "pop-up blocker" in 7.2? It has been part of Mozilla (and FireFox) for a couple of years now. (FireFox has actually been around that long...)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Yup. It has some NS/Time-Warner defaults allowed on install (go figure...) but you can clear them out and then...no pops. None.

Reply to
Rufus

Yes - it's been available as a plug-in for NS for a couple of releases (that I'm aware of) but sometime during the 7.x series they incorporated it.

I really like the one-stop-shopping aspect of NS. Browser and Newsreader in one. No "format change" unless I make it, a pop-up killer, and selective control over cookies - I can allow them for sites of my choosing, deny them all together, or limit their life...to a single session or date of my choosing.

And the best part - it's FREE.

Reply to
Rufus

6.0 was such a botvh i bailed for mozilla and never looked back. but if it works...

So...that's how E-bay came up with their beta version!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-modeller

The 6.x releases did suck - even though they seemed to work best under Mac OS X. But the 7.x releases ROCK. There was a drastic up in speed and stability with 7.0, and it just kept getting better from there.

I run 7.2 on my Mac under OS X at home, and at work under Win-dose XP

2000. Both versions are rock solid and very fast. And...oh yeah...FREE.
Reply to
Rufus