OT..what scale next?

If models get any bigger why don't we just put engines in them and learn to fly the damn things? Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Because I tried that, and I found out I can build 'em one HELL of a lot better than I fly 'em...

...unless I can get in 'em.

Reply to
Rufus

Reply to
Grandpa

Heathens! Flying is for birds!Come back to the true scale of 72nd :)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

LOL...thats what I thought too :-))

Reply to
Mike Keown

Looking at a 1/72 747 and pondering the size of a C-5 I see no reason to go to any other scale.

Tom (currently considering when and how much re the house next door for all of the airplane and Disney stuff).

Reply to
Maiesm72

Tom- my wife is a mouse worshiper too. I got in some serious trouble at Disneyland for idly mentioning that if Tinkerbell was about 5'2" she'd be seriously hot and wondering what's under those leaves. Two counts- looking at other women, even cartoon characters (misdeneanor) and the felony of blaspheming against a Disney character!

Reply to
Jim Atkins

They have done some in 1/72d. They just charge 1/24th prices for them. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Like none of us has ever had those thoughts... :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Oh come on with that excuse "I build larger cause I can't see" and then put a weeks grocery money into detail parts so small no one knows they are there but you.And then bitch you don't have enough room for them all.It's more like wanting to show off who's model is biggest because something else of yours isnt LOL And I already have 20/200 vision,but stick to 1/72 and smaller for space and cost reasons,so there... :-P

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

You would be wondering what's under the leaves or she would?

Reply to
frank may

Hey Tom, How many of the Big Figs do you have? I started a list on the Disneyland newsgroup to find out how many of them there are. Close to 50 and I only have 2.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

I would think she wouldn't need to wonder and I'd bet it was "magically delicious"!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Another one in my Jimmy Stewart collection!

The Old Timer

That's my next build. Peguso (nee Lindberg) Stinson Stationwagon. Any chance for some photos on alt.binaries.pictures.aviation?

The Old Timer

He's 1500 miles away but next time I'm visiting I'll snag a few with my digital camera. I had a photo of it when a freak windstorm blew 2 other planes into it and smashed the crap out of it. His was tied down, theirs wasn't. Thats why it got rebuilt.

Grandpa

Reply to
Grandpa

I build larger because I can! I prefer 1/6 scale for my armor projects. Nothing beats the look on my wife's face when I tell her it time to move the 180 pound beast upstairs. ;-)

1/6 scale T34-85 at
Rusty Bates
Reply to
Rusty Bates