OT World rallying WRC

I know this is quite popular in the US where its shown on motorsport channels, i know a lot watch it in HH forum.

Anyway heres the latest of the young guy who had to pull out a couple of years ago with the brain problem.

Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

I was wondering how Richard Burns was.

With him and Colin McCrae not in the WRC I sort of lost interest

Reply to
Martin

Yeah i liked Sianz too, crazy Spaniard. This young kids have no humour. Plus the cars look naff too.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Carlos Sainz

My favourite rally car was the Sunbeam - I used to own a souped up 1600

Reply to
Martin

Me too, did you have a Ti? I loved RWD, refuse to have any other, hate FWD like a STD.

I liked the Lotus Subeam, Mk1, 2 Escorts, and the other other i forget.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

MIne was originally a £100 banger LS - got hold of a 1.6 and a 1.5 Avneger close ration gearbox

new springs, rally exhaust, Kent cam and bits, LEda struts Weller wheels improved the performance & handling.

Scrappy GLSs supplied washwipe rear screen, clocks, and other interior trim

Got a Vauxhall Omega now

Reply to
Martin

from a vauxhall sic? (apologies to billy bragg.)

Yes i had the LS or LE, forget which. Always wanted the T16 Peughught thingie rear roof spoiler then i went to a 79 Celica.

Now my 77 GT Celica is set up for fast tarmac but used daily.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales