OV-10 Bronco

What are the best Bronco kits in 1/48 and 1/72 scale? I'm looking for a Vietnam war version.

TIA :o)

Frankie

Reply to
Venerabile Frakkia

Don't know about 1/72 but there is only one kit (kind of) in 1/48. Way back when, Hawk put out a 1/48 OV-10A prototype, with short wings and other non-production features. Vietnam era but used in combat. Testors, and later Italeri, updated the kit to a more production configuration but it is still lacking. Paragon has released some resin sets to both update the basic kit and convert it to the USMC OV-10D. The latter is post Vietnam. Google "1/48 OV-10A" and you'll get all the hits you need.

Curt

Sorry, meant Vietnam era but NOT Used in combat. Curt

Reply to
Curt

In 72nd, the Academy kit is the way to go. They make the OA-10 A and D versions. Invest in lead, though, if you don't want a tail sitter.

The Hasegawa Bronco in 72nd, if you go for the D model, has the new nose in white metal, which is plenty of ballast.

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Hey, on a related note, I just ran across North American plans for a related aircraft. It was the Bronco, but with a light transport fuselage. As the caption reads, it "would have a new fuselage, 50' span wing, carry a 12-man Special Forces team or 6,000-lbs. of cargo. A cutaway showed the aircraft toting a Mule motorized pallet. Was this aircraft ever built, or did it stay on the drawing boards. It was part of something called a LARA Program.

Reply to
The Old Man

Hey, on a related note, I just ran across North American plans for a related aircraft. It was the Bronco, but with a light transport fuselage. As the caption reads, it "would have a new fuselage, 50' span wing, carry a 12-man Special Forces team or 6,000-lbs. of cargo. A cutaway showed the aircraft toting a Mule motorized pallet. Was this aircraft ever built, or did it stay on the drawing boards. It was part of something called a LARA Program.

According to the Squadron In Action book, it was never built. Curt

Reply to
Curt

co kits in 1/48 and 1/72 scale? I'm looking for a

I'm building the Academy OV-10A. It's a nice kit, but the engine fronts are funky looking compared to photos (I'm not correcting them though). Also, the panel lines are off, so I've filled and rescribed. But overall, it's a nice kit - with all that glass, I'd recommend the CMK replacment cockpit set - it's a really nice set. I'm doing a VMO-2 aircraft circa 1975 based at Camp Pendleton, CA.

Reply to
Pauli G

IIRC, the LARA program is what the OV-10 itself came from.

Reply to
famvburg

I forgot to thank you all for the useful informations!! :o)

Frankie

Reply to
Venerabile Frakkia