Panzer Schwarzgrau color

I am looking for best acrylic Panzer Schwarzgrau. I used Pactra and I don't like the results. Looks too much like plastic to me. Maybe it's simply too shiny? What about Tamiya? What about ModelMaster?

Thanks Maciek

Reply to
Maciek

did you stir the shit out of it? gunz is good, but pricey.

Model Master Acryl is fairly good for a slightly weathered Panzer grey and since it weathered quickly that's a good thing. Gunze makes one that's close as well. Keep in mind the real paint was satin when first applied and some of the model paints dry that way. You can always apply a flat coat.

Reply to
rwsmithjr

Tamiya, Model Master, and Gunze make it.

Reply to
Jim

Yep, satin really. Study enough photos pre-war and early war when the paint is still fresh and it'll be obvious. In fact even German aircraft paints were more satin than flat when first applied.

Reply to
rwsmithjr

Freshly applied Panzer Grey should be almost black with a touch of blue to it....it did fade out fairly quick in service to a lighter and more neutral tone. The MM and Gunze colors work quite well as is for a tank that's been in the fighting a few months.

Reply to
rwsmithjr

Not a problem, just one of those "useless" little bits of knowledge stuck in my warped mind.....

Reply to
rwsmithjr

I don't believe in nor do I use "scale effect".....get far enough away and things are either black or silver.

Reply to
rwsmithjr

Thanks foy Your advice! And BTW - I noticed that Pactra black color is also somewhat shiny/satin. I used Revell enamel black and it had perfect flatness.

I an not sure I use correct words. By shiny/satin I mean paint that reflects the light (like polished marble) and by flat I mean opposite (like black fabric).

Is flatness problem of all acrylic paints or it's just Pactra?

Thanks again Maciek

Reply to
Maciek

I don't use Pactra so i really can't say. I do know Model Master Acryl and Gunze come in gloss, semi-gloss, satin and flat.....that's going from most shine to least shine.

Reply to
rwsmithjr

" snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net:

Hi all,

I seal all (well not ALL) kits with Pactra flat clear. Now thats flat!

And I must say that I have no problem with shinyness with pactra flat black, although it is slightly flatter when I shoot it with my airbrush. But I find that with all the paints I use, whether enamels or acrylics, Tamiya, Humbrol or Pactra.

Cheers,

Dennis

Reply to
me-me