Metal acrylics - my summary

First of I'd like to thank you all for answers to my questions about metac acrylic paints. Unfortunately I was not able to get Rub and Buff here in Poland - but thanks to your suggestions I found vary similar product - czech metalizing paste (Agama) that is applied the same way - by buffing. It looks really great - that is exactly what I was looking for! So i'd like to sum up my experience with metal acrylic colors that will perhaps save unnecessary expenses to some of you: (beginning with the worst-looking)

4) Vallejo metalc acrylics (steel / brass / gunmetal) - fairy expensive but IMHO very low quality 3) Tamiya (flat titanium, silver) - cheaper and better looking 2) Vallejo alcohol based metal acrylics (super silver, white gold) - very expensive, super silver looks almost as good as aluminum foil, white gold is worse 1) Agama metalizer paste (steel) - best, a wheel painted and buffer looks like it's made of steel, it's cheap! (but in a very small container)

Best wishes Maciek

Reply to
Maciek