Acrylics - metal colours

Hello, Recently I have bought a first bottle of metallic colour - it's Natural Steel from Vallejo (water based). I must say I don't like it. The painted surface doesn't look like metal to me (at all). Tried to mix it with Humbrol rust - no improvement, doesn't look like rusty metal. So maybe you could recommend some realistically looking metal paints? And BTW is there a difference with Vallejo alcohol based metallic acrylics? The one I have bought is already more expensive than any other paint. And alcohol based is almost twice that price. Comparision:

3.5 zl - Pactra 6 zl - Tamiya 10ml 9 zl - Tamiya 23ml 12 zl - Vallejo water based 22 zl - Vallejo alcohol based

(3zl == 1$) Is it worth the price? Or should I go for Tamiya metal colors?

Thanks in advance! Maciek

Reply to
Maciek

JDorsett

I don't know if any of these are available to you, but for what it is worth

Snj spray metallic - excellent results

Auto touch up spray Nissan (Datsun) metallic platinum silver spray bomb very good

Floquil Platinum Silver usually n the model train sections here

Alclad Metalizers excellent results, very expensive

Good Luck

Andy

Reply to
Andy Irving

Are the Metalline paints still made? I haven't been able to find them for years. IMHO they were the best acrylic paints for doing a metallic finish with.

Mark

Reply to
Mark S.

Reply to