Part eating concrete floor???

"William H. Shuey" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net:

A tip I saw on TV for finding small items:

Stretch a piece of panty hose over the end of your vacuum cleaner hose.

Vacuum the floor.

Any small parts you come across will be stuck to the panty hose.

- Don

Reply to
Don Wheeler

That's not a problem. When I drop small detail parts I tend to spend the next five minutes wailing and cursing and waving my fists in the air! It doesn't actually help, but it makes me feel a lot better! ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

But don't you run the risk of having people step on you, or worse, the parts?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I belive the timetravel may have longer timespan involved. I have known things to travel in time from when I was building the model and first appear again when I have finished the model with a scratchbuilt part (Or sometimes I cheet and use a part for an identical kit ;^) )

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

"Art Murray" wrote in news:9QtNf.65521$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews3.bellsouth.net:

Or the fold in your trouser legs. You know, at the bottom, near your shoes.

You'll find things there eventually, but most of the time it's about half a year after you stopped searching!

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Mad-Modeller wrote in news:44068D48.5FDDE246 @nextline.com:

Yep, works too.

Take off your shoes 'n' socks, turn off the lights and walk around. Especially if its a sharp part you'll definatly find it.

OUCH!

Reply to
Dennis

"Martin" wrote in news:du9hpk$i17$5$8302bc10 @news.demon.co.uk:

AAAH, I've always wondered why it was called the sitting room!!

This cleares it.

Reply to
Dennis