Periscop color

Hi everybody,

What kind of color can be used to paint episcop and periscop (US WW2 tank).

Thanks

Reply to
vicaridomicile

The best solution (thanks to Ben Cliche!) is to get the unexposed header from a set of film negatives and cut sections of it to match the size of the periscope/episcope. Use something like Micro Krystal-Kleer (e.g. white glue) to mount them and they do look right.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

A greenish tinted glass seems to be a common color; but in the scales we work in, this just looks "weird". Cookie's advice, as always, is good. The trick is to get the scopes covered in something shiny, and perfectly flat and smooth. Simply plopping on some gloss paint usually does not work. In addition to the photo negative material, you can also use an underexposed (solid black) slide. Modelers have access to *tons* of those...lol.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

My last model I used a clear green wash and let it dry for a few days then coated that with clear black gloss. acrylics mind you, and it came out nice. BUT yes, using a tinted film is far better.....I told you my paint experience as a just in case...

Dave

Reply to
Tanker