Photoetch has changed over the years!

Wow!

I don't know how to describe my most recent experience with PE. The last time that I dealt with PE was back in high school which was in 1984. It was hell! All I was trying to do was build a boarding ladder for a 1/72 scale (God's OWN scale!) F-16. It was thick! It was in ten or twenty different pieces, it would NOT hold glue of any sort no matter how many times I washed it in all sorts of washes.

I'd just recently purchased Trumpeter's 1/72 scale (God's OWN scale!) LCVP and it has a PE fret. I was very leary, but decided to to bite anyway...

Lo and behold... The state of the art has changed SO much! It cuts with a not so sharp #11 blade, it holds paint, has details, and any brand of CA will hold it in place.

Alright guys, I'm now sold on PE parts!

-ahill

Reply to
Drew Hill

...God's own scale is FAR larger than 1/72...FAR larger.

Yeah - etch rules.

Reply to
Rufus

a 1/8 b36 would be awesome. enough room to sit in and fly it.

Reply to
someone

te:

I'd go with 1/1 scale. But will it require liquid glue or tube?

Reply to
eyeball

the special melts metal glue you cure with an electric arc.

Reply to
someone

wro=3D

Can I find that in the Testors catalog?

Reply to
eyeball

...most of the stuff we use on our 1:1s comes in tubes...but you gotta mix it up.

Reply to
Rufus

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote: : In article , eyeball wrote: : :>I'd go with 1/1 scale. But will it require liquid glue or tube? : gecko glue, get with the program! Soon it will replace the adhesive on "post-its" and the shit Billy Mays tries to shill around the holidays.

The inventor is also trying to get NASA interested as a way to repair the shuttle in orbit. : : the special melts metal glue you cure with an electric arc. : Did you see the "deconstruction" episode where they compared "JB Weld" and welding? Gasp! Shock! Horror! The "JB Weld" table blew apart when they dropped a cement block on it from 30' or so!

What, exactly, they were attempting to prove I am not sure. Sure the epoxy will fail in that situation. And, yes, the welded table bent all to hell, so it was essentially destroyed as well. Different failures, same result.

But, if you are going to build a 1/1 scale B-29, why not try those "rivet" things? It would be "in scale". :-)

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

the pre-tree hugger days leftover nos. 'rorry, 'rorge.

Reply to
someone

makes sense to me. that sounds like a dumbass demo. what's the point?

Reply to
someone

The point is to break stuff. No more, no less.

Reply to
Monkey boy

ah, why wasn't i invited?

Reply to