Another OT death

Maybe not so well known outside of the US as Marilyn Chambers was, Mark "The Bird" Fidrych, former Detroit Tiger baseball pitcher, was found
dead under his dump truck. Fidrych was known for talking to the ball when pitching and hand grooming the pitcher's mound, among other quirky behavior which made him a favorite among all baseball fans.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

I'd heard about this one too...they come in threes, right?..
--
- Rufus

Add pictures here
✖

that's ramans.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 14, 11:45 pm, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

When you Rendevous with noodles?
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

this sure took a long time to show up.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 17, 11:07 pm, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:
wro> >>te:

s foun> >>d

uirk> >>y

Cue twilight zone music do do do do
Add pictures here
✖

more like the banana split's song
Add pictures here
✖

And one of the last remnants of the age when the amiable goofs still outnumbered the *ssh*les in baseball.
Add pictures here
✖

he was active in the 20's?
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in

'70s, I believe. I'm not a sports fan either but it amazes me how much I know about some of these things. I recall how people used to talk about his weird antics.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Add pictures here
✖

the 70's kinda blew by me until 76, the birth of american punk rock. started in 74 in england. long before sony, i had invented the walkman. it was a mono battery cassette recorder, about paperback book size, with a lantern 6 volt battery to power it and a pair of senheiser open air headphones. clipped the battery to my belt, held the unit still and off i went. got lots of stares on the subway but it cranked and drowned out reality. wish i had a picture, no one believes it. cynical mofos.
Add pictures here
✖

never heard of him but i'm not a sports guy. if he was quirky and odd, it's a shame he died. well, you know what i mean.
Add pictures here
✖