Plastic models of birds

A relative called me with a question tonight that I don't know the answer to. One of my cousins, in the late 1950s and early 1960s, built a series of plastic life size models of various American songbirds. He is now trying to find some of them via e-bay or other on line services. However, neither he nor I can remember the name of the company that manufactured these. Is anyone familiar with these models, and by chance know the name of the manufacturer?

Thanks.

Reply to
rwalker

I think the manufacturer was Bachman. They do turn up on ebay and other online vendors. Keep watching and good luck.

Reply to
David Fifer

rwalker wrote: : A relative called me with a question tonight that I don't know the answer : to. One of my cousins, in the late 1950s and early 1960s, built a series of : plastic life size models of various American songbirds. : I have seen one of these. I don't know the manufacturer, but I would try Lindberg and Renwall, as a starting point.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Almost right. The series was Birds of the World and the manufaturer was Bachmann Bros. Inc. (2 n's in Bachmann ;) ) They're on eBay all the time. WRF

"Nooooooo! Stop me before I build again."

Reply to
rfranklin

Thanks everyone for the tips. Now I have a starting place to search from.

Reply to
rwalker

i think lifelike had a line.

Reply to
someone

Both Marx and Airfix did bird kits though you're likely thinking of the Marx kits as the Airfix ones were not widely distributed in the US.

Some of the Marx bird kits were later reissued by ARCO, a Hong Kong outfit.

Cheers.

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Forgot about Bachman. They did birds too, as well as Airfix and Marx.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

There were two issues that I know of. The first came in the late '50s-early '60s and came with paint on a plastic pallet. It looked like small pills and was loosened by using the 'painting fluid' The later release was in the '80s and had fewer different birds available. The paint was just little pots of acrylics. I've been trying off and on to restore my originals. Finding good colour matches for the Blue Jay has been difficult.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

gerry gardiner