thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Musicman59 wrote in news:ce22ab61-8ca5-4209-9b01- snipped-for-privacy@a39g2000yqc.googlegroups.com:

Last page of "on the water"

I think they are supposed to be 1 to 1.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

that's Lindberg logic I guess, pistols under water.....

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

try asking ernie, he's really helpful. snipped-for-privacy@lindberg-models.com i didn't see them either. i didn't know they were re-issued.

Reply to
someone

I built the wheel-lock and it is about 18 inches long.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Didn't they have some 20th century pistols in their line, in the 60s?

Reply to
mholt

on 3/20/2009 10:39 AM (ET) snipped-for-privacy@ohiohills.com wrote the following:

I don't recall the manufacturer, but I bought a German Luger plastic kit some decades back that was 1:1 scale. It had operating parts with a magazine and bullets. It looked so real that I dare not take it outside the house.

Reply to
willshak

Reply to
eyeball

i had a model 1911a1 kit i think was ls. it was pretty good.

Reply to
someone

didn't Pyro make a series of weapon kits too?

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

"willshak> I don't recall the manufacturer, but I bought a German Luger plastic kit

There was also a 45 automatic that took simulated bullets in the magazine and spit them out at a relatively slow speed. It looked gtreat - but with the glues of the time (I was in 5th grademaybe and at the time used Duco Cement when the small local stores were out of testors) - it constantly fell apart or jammed. I finally discovered Revell and Aurora cement - world of difference.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

i do believe, they may have beed original to them but i think all those molds flowed around different makers for years. i remember looking for a pyro cannon that was actually brought out by someone else. maybe the makers take turn. ok fred, you make the curbsides.... anyone seen bill b?

Reply to
someone

I think these ARE the old Pyro kits making a new debut. Most of them were about 10/9ths scale or a bit oversized.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

i seem to remember a "pirate pistol" which i have no idea of what it was now. that ding any rings with you, cookie?i know i rebuilt and repainted it endlessly in my games and fantasy. i believe that my sisters baby farty doll walked the plank a lot. i believe i also robbed my leggo gas station with it and pistol whipped an fbi agent. the bell barrel end seemed enormas to me then.

Reply to
someone

They're the same molds....

Reply to
The Old Man

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

I have the L&S P38 and luger in front of me and are superb kits, just missed out on the colt 38 and the Nambu

Reply to
kg66phantom

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@r5g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

They also had a Remington .44 Cap & Ball model. I couldn't afford it but had both Pyro Colts, the Blunderbuss, the Italian Flintlock and the Kentucky Rifle.

Except for the rifle, the others were sold.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

I recently stumbled across a forgotten horde of ancient "Scale Modeler" magazines from the late 1960s and early 1970s and found an ad for "Replica Models" out of Alexandria VA (Oct. 1968) and a two-page ad from Fenruary 1973. A quick Google of this company turned up one website that went nowhere, so I'd have to assume that the company is long-since out of business.

Reply to
The Old Man

Wow, talking about bringing back memories.

They were on Franklin St. than moved to Slaters La. They sold no models at all, but a wide range of replica military equipment, and uniforms. They were well known for their replica guns. All kinds, As a kid I had fond memories of having one of their artillery Lugers, and my cousin still has a replica MP 40. These were made out of metal, and dissembled just like the real thing. They also sold real uniforms, should have got one then with the prices they way they are now !

Well... At least I have a real Luger now :) (a 1920 DWM model that is...)

Reply to
AM

Was that the place just down the street from Buzzy's Antique model shop (can't remember its real name)? I was at Buzzy's in '92 and went closer to the Patomic to turn the car around and saw a place with a ~lor~ of military gear, including a Nebelwerfer out front. As I had the wife and chittlens, I didn't have time to stop.

Reply to
The Old Man