[Pure Scale Modeling] Questions for a US Presidential Candidate

1) You receive convincing and compelling evidence that a foreign organization or state plans to act violently against the US. You come to the conclusion as C-in-C that the only effective way to protect the country is by launching a pre-emptive attack. You present a case to the UN for action but they do not support it. Do you act anyway?

2) If - as is claimed by many - North Korea presents a greater threat to US national security than Iraq ever did, wouldn't that justify as large or larger pre-emptive strike against the DPRK?

3) Is the United States EVER justified in launching a pre-emptive strike against a foreign power or organization on foreign soil?

4) Please list the necessary and sufficient conditions for the National Treat Level to be lowered to "green". Is it practically possible for those condition to EVER be met?

5) Who will be your nominees for the secretary-level posts at the State, Defense, Treasury, and Justice Departments, and your National Security Advisor? (Please assume that the refusal to provide actual names is to be correctly taken by the country as evidence that a) you haven't bothered to even think about one of your most important tasks as President, or b) you have to wait until after the election to see which political favors need repaid.)

I would also insist that for questions 1, 2, 3, and 4, refusal to answer with an unqualified "Yes" or "No" shall be cause for the candidate to lose, immediately and in the following order: One thumb, one foot, one eye, his tongue.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Who gives a f&$k. What has this got to do with rec.models.scale?

Reply to
Blackbird

Why. it's right in the header--Pure Scale Modeling.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

(( Giving a long list of "hypotheticals"))

The answer....depends on what scale we are working in.

And, are we painting in enamels, or acrylics?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Does everyone get treats when this happens?

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Darn, I can't have treats if they have sugar in them.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Well, since it's green, they won't have refined sugar, but there might be a little organic fair-trade cane juice to go with the sprouted wheat and carob.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Yumm! I gave up most refined sugar last Thanksgiving (still use a little in my coffee when in a restaurant), not because I had to (other than going along with SWMBO) but just to lose some unnecessary weight. Since then, I'm down over twenty pounds (with a long way to go). Its the first time I've been under two hundred pounds in about fifteen years and it feels good. The only other trick that we did was to not eat carbs with protein (either/or but not both), watch the size of the portions, and I switched from beer to red wine, and not too much of that. Its the first diet that I've been on that wasn't especially intrusive.

Back to modeling.....

The Old Timer

Kurt, This is unfair. The candidates should first be able to ask the French or the Germans how to answer the questions. Rich Bernecki

Reply to
Richard Bernecki

sounds like a plan. mind if i steal it?

Reply to
someone

There are some really good sugar free treats out there.

Brown & Haley does a sugar free Almond Roca, there are sugar free red vines and lots of good stuff from other sources.

It seems that dark chocolate is easier to do right without sugar than milk chocolate. I also discovered that my taste buds now accept 2% milk and sugar free Mt.Dew. I Dew one small bottle per week on really hot days.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Why not, I stole it from Suzanne Sommers.....

The Old Timer

1% milk or skim is on the way Tom, watch it it sneaks up on you! Try sugar free Kool-Aid. If you have to (or want to) avoid the sugar it isn't to bad, not the aftertaste of diet soda. Also cheaper :-)

Rick

Reply to
OXMORON1

diet orange slice doesn't have the chemical taste or buzz. it's a pretty fresh orange taste with just enough gas for satisfying belches. 0 cal and sugar.

Reply to
someone

ole thunder thighs.

Reply to
someone

that can crack walnuts! Not bad for a 50+ granny.....

The Old Timer

What does that accomplish? Suzanne Somers says she no longer has any flatulence since she started this program but what else does it do? 8^) tia

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

This thread may have set the record for drift speed. It now has nothing to do with either politics or modeling, unless there is some comparison between walnut-cracking thighs and using a vise-grip to yank PE off a fret.

And while we're at it, Hank doesn't have it right either--all sorts of things that never happened have been written up as history. Just contributing to further thread drift, don't you know?

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Something to do with the formation of insulin in the body and the storage of carbs as fat. If I have this straight (SWMBO isn't at home right now and she knows this stuff a lot better than I do), eating carbs by themselves (no protein at the same time) gives the body a chance to digest the meal for immediate use instead of storing the nutrients for future use. All I know is that I have gone from 220+ lbs. to 195 (with a goal of 165-170), the diet isn't intrusive in my life and I'm feeling better than I have in about fifteen years. Since I lost this weight, I don't snore (as much) and my lower back no longer aches so much in damp weather. About the hardest thing is to remember to get roasted vegetables instead of a baked potato when I go out for a steak. The diet is easy, essentially Nothing white (potato, rice, pasta or white bread) This, for me is the hardest part, I love pasta. carbs + vegies = okay Protein + vegies = okay carbs + protein = no-no As I said, check out the book "Suzanne Somers' Fast 'n' Easy", purple cover with a picture of her on the cover in a swim suit. The diet seems to work.

The Old Timer

You owe me a cup of coffee for the one I just lost over my moniter!

That was his way of covering his own ass, I reckon.

You want drift? How's this? Just yesterday, my beverage refridgerator finally blew out on me and I had to throw it out. Busted my ass hauling it out of the basement, but I feel that I got my money's worth out of it, or more correctly, my parents' money. They purchased it (a Westinghouse) in 1934. Up until yesterday, it worked fine; yesterday morning the compressor blew out and I had coolant all over the basement floor. Side note to Keeper, did I keep it long enough?

Regards,

The Old Timer