R.I.P.: Panasonic NE-7650A Microwave

Like, OW! That means the unit outlasted Monkey Ward's yes?

On the fan note, I would think you could reverse the leads to get an efflux.

hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

As a child I spent a lot of time in a local hospital waiting room when my parents were with my dying grandmother. I used to go into the vending area all the time and they had the microwave to heat the vending-machine sandwiches. This was circa 1971.

Sister Mary

Reply to
mjrudy

All the following from a quick search on microwave history via the web:

Raytheon had a patent for heating food via RF as early as 1946. In

1947 the first (large and bulky) commercial microwave ovens were sold. Doctor Percy L. Spencer got a microwave oven patent dated January 24th, 1950. The first microwaves for home use dates to the early '50s but due to bulk and cost there wasn't much usage until 1967 when Amana's "Radarange", the first compact microwave oven sold commercially for home use, was introduced. "Radarange" as a trademark was used from 1947 onwards by Raytheon and later by its Amana subsidiary.

John Hairell ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com)

Reply to
John Hairell

i used my first one in a resturant in 1970. first one smaller than a washing machine i ever saw.

Used to work graveyard shift for a factory back in the seventies.

A batch (fifty or so) of Air Pictorials in my library got wet. Pulled the staples and microwaved them in the lunchroom machne. They came out a little wrnkled, but years of being pressed in stacks and they are almost as good as new.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

But inquiring minds want to know how they taste. ;-)

John Hairell ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com)

Reply to
John Hairell

I just want to know if there is an interesting story behind them getting wet ;)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Maybe how Mcdonalds came up chicken peices.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

I am sure old magazines would taste better.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

just like chicken.

About the same as a Dominos Pizza box, the only edible component of their pizzas.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Ooohhh! That's mean!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Maybe so, but the truth often hurts... We used to have a great little pizza place here - owned by a local, employing locals, using local procuce as much as possible, with a sit-down and eat area for immediate consumption of the product. Things went real well for them until the Big Guys came to play in the sandpit. Now, the poor bastard owns (is that the correct term?) a Domino's franchise and although he's still busy, his pizzas are crap. I don't visit there too often anymore. It's kinda like a supermarket - get in, get your stuff, get out ASAP. No hanging around smelling the good smells, no conversation with the guy who makes your dinner (they're all 16-17yo there now) and no SOUL! Big business sucks. He used to make his own garlic bread, too...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

don't get me started on the corner drug store!