Re: Chemical or method to etch/frost lucite or other clear plastic VERY finely & evenly?

What would you recommend to give one side of a clear sheet like lucite or

>plexi a "frosted" appearance? I need it to be as even as possible - i.e. >without visible striations/unevenness when held up to light, and little or >as tiny a grain as possible (*no* grain would be ideal) for projecting an >image onto one side. > >I thought about sandblasting, is there an off the shelf chemical that would >do this? >

Try your city's silkscreen printing supplies shop. They carry thin plastic frosted plastic films (and other birght color translucent films) used for sign making. Some make even be self adhesive. Else you can use spray on adhesives.

Reply to
ppp

Am 22 Jun 2006 06:27:42 -0700 schrieb "|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk":

The key is NOT to use grit, that is bonded to a 'firm' surface like grit paper (that makes scratches), but to use powdered carborundum (that doesn't). Use a bit carbo powder (around 400 to 1000), some drops of water to make a thin paste, and then use this paste and wipe the surface in an irregular pattern with it. It works.

cu, ZiLi aka HKZL (Heinrich Zinndorf-Linker)

Reply to
spam-trash