Re: £%$@* Dust and other things

> Good Lord man, haven't you ever heard of Micro Mesh sandpaper? > > A quick primer - It's a series of highly graded sandpaper that will produce > a perfect 'scale' paint surface. > > There is no need to mask, box, hide or protect any paint surface if you use > this product. Simply paint the piece, obviously, do a proper paint job on > yer model, And then, starting at 600 grit, start gently sanding the model. > Work up through the 12000 grit (Yes, that's 12 K) and your model will have a > brilliant, and more important, a SCALE, paint job. By scale, I mean..it > looks like a "factory finish" > > My recent Thunderbirds Fab 1 car is a prime example. (This is a 'pink' Rolls > car from the classic series) I hit it hard with Testor's Pink from the > cheapo can..had ripple, orange peel, dust..all the crap one deals with in a > city. After the MM mesh..it looked like glass. (Still does in fact) > > I challenge, it's not the paint job that makes a model..it's how well the > modeller can *complete* the finish. > > Good luck > Jon > > >

Thanks,

I have come across other micromesh products before. However, you have to forgive my ignorance on some matters because I have returned to modelling after a 20+ year break from the hobby.

As far as the polishing with the micromesh goes, surely the abrasive process will also remove some of the raised surface detail?

Reply to
Roger Demming