Re: Martin 167F F-BAHC????

Bonjour, je m'enquiers si n'importe qui a l'information ou des photos,

> concernant Martin 167F F-bahc, le numéro 266. > > Voici l'information que j'ai: > Aero Éditions, Camoflage et inscriptions, l'Armée de l'Air Nr1 > française 1938-1945 > d'une peinture de profil: > Cne. Rolland nommé, dans la mémoire de l'officier commandant de > député de GR 1/22, a tué dans la pression d'août 1941 > > AJ Presse, #96 Martin 167 le Maryland: > Légende de photo: > "l'équipage volontaire de Martin 167F qui a volé 26 juillet 1942 de > Marignane en France méridionale, au besiefed la Somalie française. > Gauche debout vers la droite: Lieutenant Person, Cdt. Gaudillere, Adj. > Adnet et sgt. Layec." > > Voici mes questions: > > Était-il par avion le gris peint, ou finition normale en métal? > Est-ce que c'un liason régulier était vol? > Quel était le but du vol? > Deux petites filles, enfants sont-ils montrés dans la photo, > étaient-ils sur l'avion? > > Merci: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > Hello, > > I am inquiring if anyone has information or photos, regarding Martin > 167F F-BAHC, No. 266. > > Here is the information I have: > > Aero Editions, Camoflage and Markings, Nr1 French Air Force 1938-1945, > from a profile painting: > Named Cne. Rolland, in memory of deputy commanding officer of GR 1/22, > killed in August 1941 > > AJ Press, #96 Martin 167 Maryland: > Photo caption: > "Volunteer crew of the Martin 167F that flew on 26 July 1942 from > Marignane in Southern France, to the besiefed French Somalia. Standing > left to right: Lt. Person, Cdt. Gaudillere, Adj. Adnet and Sgt. Layec." > > Here are my questions: > Was the aircraft painted gray, or natural metal finish? > Was this a regular liason flight? > What was the purpose of the flight? > Two small girls, children are shown in the photo, were they on the > plane? > > Thank you > snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com >

The one photo I have, in Profile 232, suggests natural metal, with black reg and tricolor bands on wings and aft fuselage. The caption indicates it was used to transport mail to and from Madagascar. I don't know what the significance of a Somali flight might be, or whether this particular flight involved passengers.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert