Re: What's on YOUR workbench?

No one.

However, Fujimi and Academy both do Spitfire XIVs. Conversion to a XIX would be a case of leaving off the armament, filling some panel lines, scribing other panel lines and drilling some camera ports.

?FULL=FU72170

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Both Fujimi and Ventura did the Spitfire PR19 in 1/72 scale. I have both in the stash. Both need some work.

The Fujimi kit is based on the parts for the Mks XIV and XVIII. You have to fill in the unwanted panel lines on the wings and otherwise remove all trace of the guns. When assembled, it has an odd "hump-backed" look to the fuselage.

The Ventura kit seems rather better in terms of shape. There are resin detail parts but you have to drill out the camera ports and glaze them yourself with acetate sheet.

A review of the Fujimi kit appears on one of the Internet review sites but my Favourites list was wiped out in a computer disaster some weeks ago and I can't find the URL for it. Google should locate it for you.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

Ah, thanks Gordon, I'm not being good at joined-up thinking today as I have three Fujimi XIV's in the stash, as well as the decal sheet from Aviation Workshop to go with the Profile book. Until you pointed it out, I hadn't appreciated that the XIX was exactly the same airframe, which makes my task easier. The Fujimi moulding has separate parts for the after decking (allowing a bubbletop option) and I have found that they need some work to get them faired in smoothly.

Since I think that clipping a Spitfires wings is barbarous, I think I will turn the clipped-wing XIVe into a nice full-span XIX - Fujimi leave all the extra bits on the sprues which will make it easier.

Reply to
Alan Dicey

According to the Aviation Workshop "On Target" profile, it was Medium Sea Grey on the upper side. Of course, if you have a copy, the best reference is the Midland Counties book "English Electric Canberra" (that's what the profile references).

Fujimi:

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

I left out a Meikraft Midget Mustang (what couldn't be re-shaped had to be replaced, about half of the parts) and my own Payen Pa.22. No photos of the cockpit survive, but I did an interior based on a discussion with Mr.Payen several years ago. Also a 1/144 Short 360 that I produced for ATP awhile back.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

I did the Lindberg version of that a few years ago. It was one of my first tastes of natural metal finishes, essentially a chrome plated finish. I scrounged a canopy and built up an interior to it. Fun build. Your Meikraft is 1:72nd?

Reply to
The Old Man

TSR2, Revell Atlantic, Airfix Typhoon

DC Kits 128, Parkside Fruit D, Parkside VEA

Reply to
Martin

The Meikraft Long Midget Mustang is 1/72. Huge amount of flash, fuselage too short ahead of the tail and behind the prop, all flying surfaces the wrong shape, especially in outline at the tips. Replaced the undercarriage with brass sheet and spats built up from sheet styrene. Fortunately I have access to a 1/1 in Santa Rosa for details.

When Aviation Usk got new owners they boxed the little beastie with decals. Before they closed up shop they were kind enough to send me a sheet. Now I have no excuses, have to finish it.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

I'm working on the Revell AG 1/72 B-25J solid nose and plan to use the markings provided for "Emergency Strip" of the 38th BG, 71st BS in 1945. The kit indicates that the four fuselage package guns should be used. The only photo I could find of a solid nose 71st BS plane (different A/C) had the package guns removed. Does anybody have any additional info on this? Thanks!

Pip Moss I used to feel cheap 'cause I had no signature.

Reply to
Pip Moss