REF: Storage Question

I only have a few dozen and stack them on a shelf. If I had a lot more I'd find a nice wide box to put them in and flip through them when I wanted to find something.

Reply to
eyeball

i'm jealous and wish i had that problem.

Reply to
someone

Like many here I have accumulated a large number of Squadron's 'In Action' series. Has anyone come up with a storage solution that allows one to identify the particular issue in the pile that he may be seeking? Currently mine are kept in a magazine box and that keeps them neat BUT when I open the lid what I see is a vertical pile with no indication where any one issue is. If one divides them alphabetically with homemade dividers then all the types/services are mixed. If one divides them by service where do the F-4s and A-7s go?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Mad Modeller wrote: : : If one divides them by service where do : the F-4s and A-7s go? : Under their original service branch, or in the case of the 111, under the US service branch that accepted them for service.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Mad Modeller wrote: : : If one divides them by service where do : the F-4s and A-7s go? : Or, purchase multiple copies and file them under all appropriate service branches...

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Don't think he'd want to do that for the Herc

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

With well over 7,000 aviation and modeling books and magazines I have books and magazines all over the house. Most are on shelves in the garage, slowly being replaced with white cabinets. The cabinets keep things cleaner and makes the garage look nicer. Inside there is a bookcase in the hall for Jane's and some of the more expensive and attractive titles such as International Air Power Review and Aviation Quarterly.=A0 In my office there is a six foot shelf full of books and magazines and another eight linear feet of magazines and books stacked on the floor. These are things awaiting review and cross-referencing. I'll have shelves ready for all of the stuff on the floor in the next few days.Each issue is cataloged by aircraft type with notes such as markings, kit reviews, etc. There are nineteen 4" x 6" steel index card file drawers on and next to my desk. In order to find something I simply pull the cards, find what I want and pull it. All titles are on the shelves in order (I know: sick, sick, sick), sets of books such as In Action, Profile, etc. by issue number.It's not too complicated and I occasionally get the suggestion that I should convert all of the index cards to disk, but that would take years. It's a system that works for me.Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

That's what I'd expect Squadron to suggest. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

how about binders with the books put into plastic sleeves?

Reply to
crw59

File folders in a drawer? Keep your AM decals, kit instructions, box art and notes all in one locale.

Reply to
bluumule