references for tractor in Monogram's 1/48 B-24

There is a tracked tow tractor in Monogram's 1/48 B-24

Does anyone have any references on what this is besides a "tractor" Did it even exist?

Reply to
Jeff Barringer

Very much so. Search for Cleveland Tractor Company 'Cletrac' M2. A quick Google yields::

WmB

Reply to
WmB

See snipped-for-privacy@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com .

Reply to
Al Superczynski

The Cletrac is one of the vehicles covered in Ampersand Publishing Company's upcoming book on high speed tractors. It's due out any day now. Gerald Owens

Reply to
Gerald Owens

Gerald,

It's out and I posted a review here about a week ago. It's also posted on Cybermodeler

It has a good sized chunk on the M2 and covers a lot of the details

--beats the seven part (average) accessories provided in kits.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Beauty - thanks all

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Barringer

I'd like to try scratchbuilding the Cletrac in 1:72 scale. Does this book include three view drawings of it in whatever scale?

Reply to
Luca Beato

I took a half-dozen photos of the tractor at the US Air Force Museum. They are posted in the miscellaneous section of the Walkaround section on the Aircraft Resource Center website.

Terry Sumner

Reply to
Terry Sumner

Yes - Once I knew what it was your pix googled right up

Reply to
Jeff Barringer

Luca,

Alas, no, the book does not have any plans in it -- only sharp, clear photos.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Thanks a lot for the info. I'll keep an eye to the catalog of the local military books distributor.

Reply to
Luca Beato