Renwal\Revell Military Wrecker to Cargo truck

I found a History Maker box in good shape but a ridiculous price but I bought
it anyway. Fuuny thing is the boom looks like what you'd need to offload the
pallets of projectiles and powder.
But to the point. I can find pics of what purport to be M54s and on first
look as I suspected it is a matter of making the cargo bed.
Anyone ever done this and have suggestions? Or seen one done on the 'net.
The idea is to make a supply vehicle to go with the Revell M55 8" SPH. A
classic oldies build, using the basic kits and scratchbuilding skills to
detail and convert them. Not to win at AMPS but just for fun.
Frank
Reply to
Gray Guest
The model is an M62 wrecker, which was the long body wrecker version of the M54 cargo truck family. You would have to shorten the frame a bit (can't remember how much) to match an M54 length but it is doable.
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:6de0848b-f787-4129-829f-65c3a544e130 @o5g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:
Wasn't there a longer bed M54, too? Probably not right as an ammo hauler. Know of any good drawings, preferably on the net?
Reply to
Gray Guest