RMS at the Nationals

I'm heading for the Nationals in Phoenix. Anyone else? Shall we meet for beverages and yaks & yuks? Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Keeper:

Y'All have fun. Phoenix is a bit far for me to travel at this time. Don't ruin your budget in the vendor's area.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Already a forgone conclusion; I'll be keeping the Nationals' economy alive! A friend suggested I make a side tour to Vegas, why give your money away when you can have lots of really great crap! Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I'll be thinking of you, dammit! Just be careful out there, we just buried my wife's cousin from out there. Seems that he couldn't handle the 110º heat.

The Old Timer

It only got to 108 today! I got in this morning after driving from Sacramento,CA, and it was 95 at 9:30 AM. My big problem is that my air conditioner died and my "service engine soon" light popped on. I may be here longer than I expected!

~Rick~

Reply to
REwing

it's been a cool summer. only seen 110 once.

But it's a dry heat...

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Oh Lord, stuck in Phoenix again...

Sorry, I'm just in one of those moods.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Tell that to Pat. He dropped dead across the street from the hospital. He was trying to get there but didn't make it due to heat exhaustion, I guess. He was more used to western New York weather, you know, snow up to our belt buckles in July..... Seriously, he had problems, stemming from his tour of duty in Vietnam, and wandered off about twenty years ago or so after seeing VC behind most every tree or bush. At least his demons are stilled now....

The Old Timer

cooler than Bagdad I bet.

Reply to
Jaznugent

Condolences gratefully taken, and no offense seen. Pat's had some severe problems and now he's finally at peace. That's all that matters. His brothers and sister are taking it hard (mostly because they couldn't soften his pain while he was alive, but they couldn't know what he ~saw~), but his mom knows that he's finally at rest and that's what matters. I'll pass on your condolences when I see her this week.

The Old Timer

Sorry John, I was being cute and it was uncalled for in this situation. Desert dwellers often use that statement but I'm sure that wet or dry I'd be just as debilitated. I've known a few people who still jump behind bushes when they hear a Huey and my own cousin hasn't been the same person who went over there. My condolences to your wife and her family.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller