rufus

you are correct, sir, flexifiles are the freakin best. had a squaed off 148 bf110 engine nacelle; a blob of putty and the flexifile rounded that sucker with no seam. thanks for the tip!

Yeah - sometimes someone just plain comes up with the right thing.

Reply to
Rufus

i've been cleaning up stalled projects all day. even figured a way to home cook a rig for really hard to reach places. ya know, sometimes the tools are as exciting as the kits. oh no, i'm a techno geek!

Yeah - I got that rush the first time I used that cavity file I bought at a gun show...$2, and it's one of the best corner-smoothers I've ever used. After it, my flexi file, and my Berna Assemblers all I need are my airbrush, a single edged razor blade, and glue.

Reply to
Rufus

i'm hooking up with my ex-partner at the trade's in vegas in feb...gonna look for one of those at the gunguys exhibits. cavity file....yassss.

Great - that tool rocks! I have a few of them, and I'd like to heat one up and bend it straight - they're angled like most dental insruments and I think a straightened one would be just as handy for some things. I'm afraid of ruining the temper if I heat it, though...I'll figure something out. If you find a deal on them for $2 like I did get yourself a few.

Reply to
Rufus

after you heat and bend, heat red and plunge in cold water. should retemper if it's steel.

What the heck is a 'cavity file'? Anybody have a pic? Google was no help this time...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

A tool I DON'T have? Who's been hiding this from me? Heads vill roll! Beers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

baliff, whack his pee pee!

On my cavity files the file is about twice the size of a pin head. It's an extremely nice tool for a modeler. I found mine by accident at a gun show for $2 each. I think I have a coulpe of them...at least I hope I bought a couple. I'll take a snap and post it on ABMS for those that want to see one.

Reply to
Rufus

i think you said you were going to build a second bear? suadron has the 142 mr on sale for 60 bucks.

Not a bad price... like the lines of the J more, though. Was just fitting some more of it together. It's huge...

Reply to
Rufus

carefull or one of the bikes will have to go outside.