Russian Bombs and weapons..

Got a Hind-E model and I was wondering if there is any pictures of the bombs and weapons. I just need the colors to them...

Reply to
William L. Powell

Getting my WAPJ devoted to the Hind...

Swatter missiles are generally flat army green (a little lighter than olive drab); unguided rocket pods are usually gray (often with the muzzles a darker shade than the main tube); Spiral/Shturm tubes are flat olive brown with blue/yellow bands on the muzzles. Auxillary fuel tanks are usually steel gray with white fins. One picture of a Hind from India shows it armed with OFAB-250 bombs (250 kg/550 lbs; probably general-purpose type): these are gray with white fins and white bands on the front. There is another picture of a Croatian Air Force Hind with two other types of bombs (air show park display). My guess is that the one type is a variation on the GP bomb, while the other (which looks like a huge shotgun shell with fins...overall olive brown) might be a napalm or cluster bomb dispenser.

Hope this helps!

Stephen Bierce

Reply to
Stephen Bierce